Order Transcripts & Credentials
A transcript is a complete and unabridged academic record of achievement at SAIT. A fee of $10 is charged for each copy of the transcript and payment must accompany the transcript request.
When ordering transcripts, please keep in mind the following:
- Transcripts will not be sent out by email or fax, and are not available to pick up in-person. They will be mailed directly to the institution, agency, or address as requested.
- Student records are confidential; therefore, transcripts will only be issued on written authority of the student.
- Delivery time for transcripts typically ranges from seven to 10 days. Allow sufficient time for postal delivery and consider the processing times of the receiving institution or agency.
Order your official transcript through mySAIT
- If you attended classes at SAIT after 1995, you have the option to order your official transcript through mysait.ca. Simply login, click on the myStudent tab, then select Student Records.
- If you attended classes at SAIT before 1995, please complete a Transcript Request Form and forward it to Office of the Registrar.
- If you require immediate proof of graduation or course completion, you can print an unofficial transcript through mysait.ca.
Are you sending your transcript to an Alberta post-secondary school?
If you request your transcript through ApplyAlberta when submitting your application, your SAIT transcripts will be issued free of charge to any participating Alberta post-secondary schools (see ApplyAlberta for a list of participating institutions).
Are you ordering your apprentice transcript?
If so, please contact the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board as they issue apprentice transcripts.
SAIT offers credentials in both credit and non-credit programs, including certificates of achievement, certificates of completion, certificates, diplomas, baccalaureate degrees and applied degrees. There is no charge to order an original credential, unless you completed your program prior to 1995.
Timeframe to complete credential requirements
- Unless otherwise stated, students must complete all required courses within five (5) years to be eligible for a certificate of achievement, a certificate of completion, or a certificate (credit program).
- Students must complete required courses within seven (7) years to be eligible for a diploma, baccalaureate degree or applied degree.
- Refer to the Credentials Policy and Procedure (AC.2.17.1) for additional information.
Ordering and receiving your credential
Continuing Education programs
If you've completed your program through continuing education, you will need to fill out the Credential Request form and submit it to Office of the Registrar. Make sure all of your final grades have been entered before submitting the form.
Credentials are printed four times a year - Jan. 15, May 15, July 15 and Sep. 15. You can expect to receive your credentials four to six weeks from the print date to allow time for printing, proofing, packaging and mailing.
If you have earned your credential through a full-time day program, you are not required to submit a Credential Request form. You will automatically receive your credential at your convocation ceremony. If you are not attending convocation, your credential will be mailed to you after the ceremony.
How do I make sure I've completed my credential requirements?
To determine if you have met all program requirements, log on to mySAIT, choose the myStudent tab and select Check your graduation status online with WebCAPP. Review the step-by-step instructions here.
What if I'm missing a course and do not meet the program requirements?
You will receive an email from Office of the Registrar advising you on what requirement is missing. You must then work with your Academic Chair/Coordinator to find a way to complete the requirements.
Can I pick up my credential?
No. You will receive your credential at your convocation ceremony (if applicable) or in the mail.
What if I need to show that I've graduated before I receive my credential?
Sometimes employers and other post-secondary institutions need to see that you've finished your program. Your transcript will show that you have completed your program requirements and have been awarded a credential.
Check your unofficial transcript in mySAIT to make sure your status has been updated to "awarded" before requesting the official transcript.